About this policy
This privacy notice explains how we look after your personal data (in all situations where we collect your data via our website https://TheGrantPortal.com/) and sets out your privacy rights and also explains how the law and our approach to privacy and personal data protects you.
The Grant Portal is committed to abiding by data protection laws and to be open and transparent in how we use your personal information.
We at The Grant Portal take your privacy seriously and this policy and notice has been drafted in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Our status and details
For the purpose of the GDPR we are the Data Controller (as defined therein) and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to our Data Privacy team at privacy@TheGrantPortal.com.
Information we collect
We will collect, process and store personal data only if it is directly provided to us by you. You may do this in your capacity as the user of this Website, by enquiring in relation to our goods, services, or candidate.
Personal information covers any information which relates to you as an identifiable person. Below are examples of the type of data that this may include:
- “Identity Data” may include forenames and last name, personal or job title and position, location, or similar identifier.
- “Contact Data” may include physical address, email address and telephone number.
- “Transaction Data” may include requests for products and services you have made to us, or in relation to products or services that we have supplied to you.
- "Technical Data” may include internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and other technology on the devices used to access this Website.
- “Usage Data” may include enquiries submitted by you, information supplied, and how you use our website.
- “Marketing Data” may include details of any preference that you have advised us of in relation to marketing communications from us.
We may also collect non-personal data such as aggregated data which is data that may be obtained from your personal data, but which does not directly or indirectly identify you. This may include Profile and Usage Data detailing how you use our Website and areas that you have interacted with.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data from direct interactions with us in person, by phone, email or otherwise or where you have supplied your Identity and Contact Data.
We also collect your data through automated technologies or interactions with our website, including use of the web enquiry form or the chat, where we may collect in addition Transaction, Technical, Usage Data and Marketing Data.
It is important that the data that we hold about you is accurate and up to date. In the event that your data changes please notify us so that we can update our records.
Use of your information
We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the GDPR.
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used:
- To enable us to provide services to you and to communicate with you. This may include Identity, Contact, and Transactional data.
- To notify you about any changes to our business, such as improvements to our Website or service/product changes, that may affect our service or relationship with you. This may include Identity and Contact Data.
- If you are an existing customer or prospective customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you or enquiry made, or a discussion held with you. This may include Identity and Contact Data.
- Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters to provide that to you. This may include Identity and Contact Data.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation. This may include Identity, Contact, Transactional and Technical Data.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. This may include all types of data.
We will only use your personal data for a reason other than the purpose for which it was originally obtained if we consider that we need to use it for that other purpose and have a legitimate interest in doing so.
Disclosure of your information
There are a range of circumstances where we may disclose your data to third parties. These may include (i) regulatory bodies as required by applicable law, (ii) our suppliers who may be involved in the fulfilment of our services to you (iii) third party marketing, where you have consented for us to do so, and (iv) debt recovery agencies.
Controlling the use of your data
Where we rely on consent as the lawful basis for processing your data you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can email us at privacy@TheGrantPortal.com at any time.
Data storage and the transfer of your data
As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we may use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
We take the confidentiality of personal information very seriously and use recognized security and access controls to protect the information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have procedures and processes in place to ensure that your personal information is managed appropriately.
However, we will always recommend that you take your own precautions to protect your own personal data whilst using the Internet, including this website.
The length of time that we retain, and store data depends on the purpose for which it was collected.
We will delete immediately recruiting information if the candidate is not selected for the job or if he or she didn’t give consent for The Grant Portal to keep the information 2 years in case of new opportunities.
We keep 3 years' data shared during demo request conversation.
Where you have requested that we provide you with marketing materials we will retain your data until such time as consent is withdrawn by you.